citiCite
FORUMS PHOTOS GROUPS EVENTS WIKI
CREATE ACCOUNT | LOGIN
Mueller Community (change)
Search
You are NOT logged in.
RSS
Viewing Search Results for 'Rob Clinchard'
The following table will display your current search results.
Page Header Image
 
Water Dispenser
posted by lesley on November 2nd, 2011 10:57 AM
Hey Belinda - It's probably mine. It should be labeled with Clinchard on the front side of it. I can come by your house later on today to grab it. Please pm me your address.Thanks - Lesley Clinchard
MNA General Meeting Minutes for Sept. 18, 2010
posted by Drew on September 21st, 2010 12:36 AM
MNA meetings are held at 10:00 AM on the 3rd Saturdays of month, usually in Wooten Park. We are working on getting the hanger for meetings. Dennis Mick opened the meeting. Kerry Fisher provided an MNA budget report. Neighborhood Night Out on October 5: Kat Malcom spoke about plans for the National Neighborhood Night Out on Tuesday, October 5. Catellus will be sponsoring events (and providing ice cream) in Ella Wooten park from 6:00PM to 7:00PM. Then from 7:00PM to 9:00PM the individual blocks will have their own potluck style Meet & Greet. Boomer’s Progressive Dinner on October 9: Kat Malcom also spoke about the Mueller Boomer’s “progressive dinner” that will be held on Saturday, October at four different houses. Front Porch Flyer Newsletter: Drew Harris made a call for submissions of articles and photos to the newsletter, as well as a call for volunteers to help put the newsletter together. Mueller Education Action Team: Rob Clinchard spoke about the MEAT group’s current focus. Rob spoke about the option of having a “flex” middle school that could offer grades between 3-8th grade, depending on the need. Rob also mention that they were seeking to learn from the Stapleton Development in Denver, which now has 3 schools. Guest Speaker Jim Walker’s Question & Answer: Jim Walker, who has been involved with the Mueller development for 15 years and has served as the former chair of the RMMA PIAC, was the guest speaker. He spoke briefly about lessons learned from the first few years of Mueller’s development (mainly that “persistence is required”), and then opened to questions from attending MNA members. Highlights included:
  • Nothing was currently limiting development east of Berkman other than Catellus’ phasing plans
  • Broader use of the hanger and a grocery store in the Market District is still “imminent”
  • A discussion of pedestrian traffic crossing Airport Blvd.
  • A discussion of making sure that people moving to Mueller know about the basic principles behind Mueller
  • A discussion of structured parking vs. the current surface parking in the current employment center around Dell Children’s hospital
  • Austin Film Studios is now more or less a permanent neighbor, and they are still trying to figure out how to incorporate a walled-off film studio into a pedestrian friendly Mueller development
  • There are still no further details regarding the district-wide school performing arts center that might be located.
  • The meeting ended at approximately 11:00 am.
    MNA Steering Committee minutes - 1 June 2010
    posted by Betsy on June 1st, 2010 8:49 PM
    Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting will be held on June 29, 2010 at 4124 Lawless at 7:00 p.m. MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 1 June 2010 Steering Committee Attendees: Grant Fisher, Betsy Hilton, Kat Malcom, Kerry Fisher, Kim Wine, Dusty Harshman, Drew Harris, Mike McGovern, Bobby Gierisch, Ann Jerome and Cliff Spinac SC members absent: Timothy Brummett and Rob Clinchard Guests: Ashley Fisher, Chris Stewart Agenda: I.Welcome & Introductions II.Treasurer’s Report – Balance is $2341.23 after paying for the recent edition of the Front Porch Flyer. We haven't yet purchased the layout software for the publication. III.Existing Business a. Mueller re-subdivision. In addition to changing the use of a part of the block on Hermalinda, Catellus plans to convert 2 lots for Mueller homes (6 units per lot) on Mattie, between Camacho and Simond, to 4 lots for custom homes. Concerns were discussed about the process used by Catellus to bring the Mattie change to the Planning Commission, as this change in use was apparently never brought to PIAC for discussion. The public hearing with the Planning Commission is set for June 8, at the same time as PIAC's next meeting. The steering committee voted to send a letter to the planning commission stating our objection to PIAC being left out of the process, and requesting a postponement on this item until the proper coordination process can be followed. We have many unanswered questions that deserve open discussion and debate. Motion was made by Kim Wine, seconded by Mike McGovern and passed unanimously. Grant will draft the letter. b. MNA elections will be held at the June 12 general membership meeting. Nominations are still needed for the 13 slots. If you're interested in serving, please email Ann Jerome at annwjerome@gmail.com. c. Pecan Street Project – We still haven't heard who the Pecan Street board selected to serve on the Executive Committee. Grant is waiting for a return call from Brewster McCracken. d. Yard Sale was a great success. Areas for improvement included having it at a cooler time of year, and traffic flow for those setting up their booths. In light of the rainout the first weekend, it was scheduled that some time certain the day prior be established when a final decision will be made on whether to postpone the event. The booths organized by the Lawless block seemed to work well... perhaps next year more blocks will go in together on a booth. IV. Upcoming Meetings – General meeting will be June 12. We discussed having coffee & doughnuts as a treat for those who attend. V. Open comments: a. No one has heard of a decision by AISD on where to locate the new performing arts center. b. Meeting on the design of the Austin Energy Substation has been scheduled for June 5 from 10:00 a.m. - noon. This station will be visible from future phases of Mueller, and by traffic on Manor Road. Residents are encouraged to attend. Details are posted under Events on muellercommunity.com. The meeting adjourned about 8:05 p.m.
    April 27 Steering Committee meeting minutes
    posted by Betsy on May 12th, 2010 8:07 PM
    Sorry I'm so late in getting these notes out! Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting will be held on June 1, 2010 at 4124 Lawless at 7:00 p.m. MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 27 April 2010 Steering Committee Attendees: Grant Fisher, Betsy Hilton, Kat Malcom, Rob Clinchard, Kerry Fisher, Kim Wine, Dusty Harshman, Drew Harris, Mike McGovern, and Bobby Gierisch SC members absent: Timothy Brummett, Ann Jerome and Cliff Spinac Guests: Ashley Fisher Agenda: I.Welcome & Introductions II.Treasurer’s Report – Balance is $2662.58 and we are in good shape to cover remaining publications of the Front Porch Flyer, along with paying the renewal on our PO Box. We're also looking into purchase of needed layout software for the Front Porch Flyer. III.Existing Business a.Anthropos Arts – Non-profit led by a friend of a Mueller resident. They work with low-income middle and high school band students to provide music lessons and mentors. The . Volunteers to help move equipment would be much appreciated. See for more information. b.Community Garage Sale is May 15, 8 a.m. - noon, in the Simond median. c.MNA Elections – Elections for the Steering Committee will be held at the June 12 general meeting. An announcement will be made at the May meeting, and posted on mc.com. It will also be announced in the next Front Porch Flyer. d.Schools – An ice cream social for Pearce staff will be Thursday to show the staff how much they are appreciated. e.Boomer chili cookoff - trophies were purchased with a small grant from MNA. f.Block Captain Survey – General consensus for each street/block having their parties as they wish, without any coordination on the dates. IV. Upcoming Meetings – Ideas were discussed for topics to cover at the May 8 general meeting. V. Open comments: a.Meeting to get input on use of the Hangar will be Thursday, April 29. b.The recent filming activity in the neighborhood was discussed, and how to better inform residents in advance. Generally, it was thought that Catellus should be notified, and then send an e-mail through their resident database. Copying would allow us to post the information on mc.com. c.Plant Fest follow-up – About $110 was raised through voluntary donations, and another $110 was raised by reselling tree stakes. The Fest was successful, with twice as many exhibitors as last year. Several ideas for improvement were also discussed, based on the level of interest at all the offerings this year (tours, etc.) d.Information about an education survey is posted on mc.com. Everyone interested in education is encouraged to participate, whether or not you have school-age children. The meeting adjourned about 7:45 p.m.
    March 30, 2010 Steering Committee Meeting minutes
    posted by Betsy on April 1st, 2010 9:07 PM
    Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting will be held on April 27, 2010 at 4124 Lawless at 7:00 p.m. MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 30 March 2010 Steering Committee Attendees: Grant Fisher, Betsy Hilton, Rob Clinchard, Kerry Fisher, Kim Wine, Drew Harris, Mike McGovern, Ann Jerome and Cliff Spinac SC members absent: Dusty Harshman, Bobby Gierisch, Kat Malcom, Timothy Brummett Guests: Ashley Fisher Agenda: I.Welcome & Introductions II.Treasurer’s Report – Balance is $2552.58 and we are in good shape to cover remaining publications of the Front Porch Flyer. All MNA grant checks have been cashed. Kerry has tried to set up a PayPal account but the only options seem to be 'business' or 501(c)(3) and neither applies to the MNA. Kerry is going to talk to the Allendale association since they seem to have a PayPal account. III.Existing Business a.Pecan Street Project – Applications to represent Mueller residents on the PSP Executive Team have been screened and the top three applications have been forwarded to the PSP for consideration. Fourteen applications were received. The three finalists forwarded to PSP are Dusty Harshman, Garreth Wilcock and Kathy Sokolic. PSP will conduct interviews and make the final selection. b.Austin Energy Substation – The Austin City Council approved the location on the Morris Williams Golf Course at their meeting on March 24th. c.Egg hunt – Saturday's Easter Egg Hunt at the wedge is looking like fun. There will be a jumpy house and other fun for the little ones. Look online at muellercommunity.com for more information. d.Garage Sale May 15th– Slots are filling up so contact Kat Malcom if you're interested before they are all gone. e.Plant Fest April 10th – 11am-2pm followed by walking tours. Check online for more info. Volunteers needed to help set up shade covers starting at 9:00 a.m. f.Development update near old Tower – May posted online of the proposed subdivision of Block 59. The developer plans to build about 49 zero lot line homes in the block bounded by Antone, Hermalinda, Berkman and Tom Miller. About 50% of these will be in the affordable program. g.Catellus has a meeting scheduled for April 6 to get input from the community on the Market District. IV. Upcoming Meetings - General meeting on April10 will be at the picnic tables next to the community pool (probably on the Pinckney side). Our speaker will be artist Hunter Cross, who will describe a project he's working on for art to be located near the fire station and new EMS building. V. Open comments: a.A small group from the schools task force will meet with Greg Weaver from Catellus, Jim Walker from the RMMA PIAC, and Dee Desjardin to talk about the options for a school at Mueller, in the hopes of all getting on the same page. The meeting adjourned about 7:45 p.m.
    Steering Committee Minutes - 2 Feb 2010
    posted by Betsy on March 3rd, 2010 6:05 AM
    Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting will be held on March 30, 2010 at 4124 Lawless at 7:00 p.m. MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 2 March 2010 Steering Committee Attendees: Grant Fisher, Betsy Hilton, Dusty Harshman, Kerry Fisher, Kim Wine, Bobby Gierisch, Drew Harris, Mike McGovern, and Cliff Spinac SC members absent: Rob Clinchard, Kat Malcom, Ann Jerome, Timothy Brummett Guests: Ashley Fisher, Todd Calvert (new resident!) Agenda: I.Welcome & Introductions II.Treasurer’s Report – Balance is $2677.54 and we are in good shape to cover remaining publications of the Front Porch Flyer this year. We have 89 members, with no current members from McCloskey or Sahm Streets. Kerry is going to set up a PayPal account so it will soon be possible to pay dues online. Even though PayPal takes a small percentage as a fee, we'll still hold the dues at $10. III.Existing Business a.MNA Grant Results – The Steering Committee approved funding for the following events: 1.Plant Fest ($25) 2.Stitch n Bitch project for Ronald McDonald House ($100) 3.Babysitting for meeting with Dr. Carstarphen ($40) 4.Halloween ($100) 5.Fourth of July ($100) 6.Easter Egg hunt ($50) 7.Baby Boomer ($30) b.Pecan Street Project Update - Applications are being received through March 14 to be considered for a position on the Pecan Street Project Executive Committee. The four officers of the MNA will select three candidates for forward to the Pecan Street Project Board for consideration. The Board will select one member to serve. c.Mueller substation – Austin Energy (AE) is trying to find a suitable location for a new substation to support Mueller and to some extent, surrounding areas. All locations considered so far elicit opposition from neighborhood groups. The RMMA PIAC has said the substation should be sited at Mueller, but the ultimate decision is up to the City. We're hoping to have more discussion on this topic at our general membership meeting on March 13. IV. Upcoming Meetings - General meeting on March13 will be at the Ronald McDonald House, 4th floor. Possible agenda items include the AE substation and schools. V. Open comments: a.Plant Fest on April 10 – Should be bigger than last year. A planning meeting will be held after the Plant Propagation workshop this Saturday. b.Schools committee will be meeting with MarK Williams, President of the AISD School Board, on March 3 at Meghan's house on the Wedge. The meeting adjourned about 8:00 p.m.
    Steering Committee Minutes - 2 Feb 2010
    posted by Betsy on February 7th, 2010 2:36 PM
    Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting will be held on March 2, 2010 at 4124 Lawless at 7:00 p.m. MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 2 February 2010 Steering Committee Attendees: Rob Clinchard, Grant Fisher, Betsy Hilton, Kat Malcom, Dusty Harshman, Ann Jerome, Kerry Fisher, Kim Wine and Bobby Gierisch SC members absent: Timothy Brummett, Drew Harris, Mike McGovern, and Cliff Spinac Guests: Corky Hilliard, Don & Janelle Dozier I.Welcome & Introductions II.Treasurer’s Report – Balance is $2402.61 including $1020 deposited so far from Front Porch Flyer (FPF) ads. Some of these funds are earmarked for future publications of the FPF. III.Existing Business a.Resident Activities Committee of Catellus met recently and discussed the budget for the upcoming year. Kat Malcom reported that while the budget has been reduced from last year, the following items are included: 1.Plant Fest 2.Garage Sale – May 15 3.Pool Party – Saturday, July 3 4.Neighborhood Night Out – Oct. 5. This year we'll have community/kids event at the park at 6:00pm, followed by block parties starting at 7:00. 5.Halloween on the Wedge – Sunday, Oct. 31 6.Networking Events – several throughout the year 7.Adult swim nights at the pool 8.Music at Lake Park 9.Tower Lighting – Wednesday, Dec. 1 b.Schools (Kim Wine) – The team met to follow-up on the recent visit by Dr. Carstarphen. No school was promised in the near future but Dr. Carstarphen is open to ideas. The idea of having graduate students work with Mueller residents as part of a practicum was discussed as a way to help us develop goals for the Mueller school. The next AISD bond election may be in May 2011. The boundary discussion will happen sooner. c.MNA sponsorship grants (G. Fisher) – Nine applications have been received to date. The deadline is Feb. 13th. The fiscal agent for each applicant must be an MNA member (only $10/year!) The steering committee unanimously adopted the following motions to guide our evaluation process: 1.Applications can be amended until the Feb. 13 deadline 2.The steering committee can modify award amounts to deviate from what was requested, as needed 3.All applications received by the deadline will be considered. IV. Upcoming Meetings - General meeting on Feb. 13 will be at the Ronald McDonald House, 4th floor. Our area constable, Bruce Elphant, has been invited to speak about the census. The meeting adjourned about 8:30 p.m.
    Steering Committee meeting minutes - Dec. 1, 2009
    posted by Betsy on December 7th, 2009 6:38 PM
    Sorry it's taken me so long to post these! Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting will be held on Dec. 29, 2009 at 4124 Lawless at 7:00 p.m. MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 1 December 2009 Steering Committee Attendees: Rob Clinchard, Grant Fisher, Drew Harris, Betsy Hilton, Kat Malcom, Dusty Harshman, Ann Jerome, Mike McGovern, Kerry Fisher, Kim Wine and Cliff Spinac SC members absent: Bobby Gierisch and Timothy Brummett Guests: Greg Buford and Jimmy Flanigan Agenda: I. Welcome & Introductions II. Treasurer’s Report – Discussed the possibility of creating a business membership category for MNA. Perhaps about $50/yr and they would get recognition (not an ad) in the Front Porch Flyer. III. Existing Business a. Ronald McDonald House Walk – Events held Friday night at the hangar with the run throughout the neighborhood. Held in conjunction with the lighting of NOEL on the tower. As of the meeting, they had raised $109,000 with this effort and had 570 people registered for the run/walk. b. Schools - Pearce Teacher Appreciation Lunch on Dec. 4th. Committee working to get meeting with Dr. Carstarphen and also to walk through neighborhood schools. The two may be combined. The committee is working to compile the results of their survey. c. MNA Sponsored Social Events - $500 has been budgeted to contribute toward community events in 2010. Two ‘calls for events’ are envisioned… one in January and another likely mid-year. Watch for more information to submit your proposal. You’ll have to be a member of the MNA to apply. The Steering Committee will make the final decision on selection. d. Holiday spirit – The Front Porch Flyer volunteer staff will select a block to win their holiday lighting award. Get those lights up this week! The winner will be announced at the general meeting on Saturday, Dec. 12th. e. Pecan Street Project – Dusty attended the press conference held at Mueller. They did receive the $10.4 million in stimulus grants from the U.S. Department of Energy. It’s too early to tell what this means to Mueller residents so watch for more information. We plan to invite Brewster McCracken to a MNA general meeting soon. You may also want to look at their website, . IV. Upcoming Meetings a. General meeting on Dec. 12 will be at the Ronald McDonald House, 4th floor. We’ll have a holiday ‘party’ afterwards so bring a treat and plan to linger after the meeting and get to know more of your neighbors. V. Additional Business/Open Comments a. Imagine Austin – The City of Austin has been hosting meetings to get input on the comprehensive plan for the City. There’s a possibility we can hold one of their ‘meetings in a box’ at Mueller and have our input considered in the planning process. More information is at . Watch for information about a meeting at Mueller. b. The steering committee unanimously approved a motion to pay our dues to the Austin Neighborhoods Council in the amount of $35 for the coming year. c. The steering committee approved (unanimously except for Ann Jerome’s abstention) a donation of $50 to the Ronald McDonald house as a way of thanking them for hosting some of our meetings. The meeting adjourned about 8:30 p.m.
    MNA Steering Committee meeting minutes 29 Sept 2009
    posted by Betsy on October 2nd, 2009 12:15 PM
    Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting will be held on Nov. 3, 2009 at 4124 Lawless at 7:00 p.m. MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 29 September 2009 Steering Committee Attendees: Rob Clinchard, Grant Fisher, Drew Harris, Betsy Hilton, Kat Malcom, Bobby Gierisch, Dusty Harshman, Ann Jerome, Mike McGovern, Kerry Fisher, Timothy Brummett and Kim Wine SC members absent: Cliff Spinac Guests: Elizabeth Butman, Jennifer Harvey Agenda: I. Welcome & Introductions II. Treasurer’s Financial Report – Bank balance is $1044.61 with one newsletter still to be published out of these funds. III. Minutes – Minutes of the Sept. 1, 2009 steering committee meeting were approved without changes. Grant had been advised that some numbers in the Sept. 12 general meeting minutes were incorrect. He’ll forward those changes to Betsy and the minutes were approved. [Later communication revealed that the minutes correctly reflect what was stated at the meeting so they will not be changed after all. If incorrect figures were reported to membership regarding the PIAC update, corrections can be brought forward in a future meeting.] IV. Existing Business a. Membership Committee Report – Ann Jerome i. Mueller Night Out – In conjunction with National Neighbor Night Out (http://www.nationaltownwatch.org/nno/), held October 6 in Austin. Block captains will organize block events from 6:00PM to 7:00PM. From 7:00PM to 8:00PM, Catellus will serve ice cream & popsicles in Ella Wooten park. ii. The Block Captain meet & greet hosted by Ann Jerome and Kat Malcolm was a big success. Fourteen people attended. They discussed the scope of block captain activities and brainstormed some best practices. iii. Welcome Postcard – 200 cards have been printed and distributed. More will be available at Mueller Night Out. b. Budget i. Mission discussion tabled because we ran out of time. We briefly discussed having an separate meeting for this purpose. ii. Treasurer discussion also tabled iii. Front Porch Flyer (FPF). The FPF will grow by 4 pages, which will allow us to sell more advertising, and provide more information. There was discussion regarding if, and how much, advertising space should be withheld from annual sales for new businesses that come in during the year. Estimated net revenue to the MNA from the FPF in 2010 is about $700. V. POA update – Jennifer Harvey attended and fielded general questions from the SC. a. Pool – Pool will close to residents at the end of October. Trouble with the lighting (inside and outside the pool itself) will be fixed after the pool closes. It appears to be an electrical issue and would require closing the pool for about a week to troubleshoot. b. Dead trees – Catellus is planning to replace the dead trees at Ella Wooten Park. c. Exposed irrigation lines will deteriorate due to sun exposure. The POA will address when mulching is done in the Spring but concern was expressed that the damage to the lines will have already been done. d. Discussion about whether road repairs on Hargis had been completed. There’s still a low spot in the street. e. POA has a variance for watering. This only applies to public areas maintained by the POA, not individual residences. POA will water turf on Fridays and tree bubblers will run Tuesday and Wednesday nights. f. Discussion about the possible remediation in the Southwest Greenway near Berkman to deal with the Johnson Grass problem. Jennifer had not heard of any plans. g. The process for gaining approval for walks/runs in Mueller was discussed and more notification for residents was requested. The POA is getting lots of requests to use Lake Park for events and are working with the City on these. Guidelines may be needed in the future as the park wasn’t intended to be a major event area for the City. It was recommended that the PIAC be notified of the issues so they can help us coordinate with the City to develop guidelines. h. Major events involving food, alcohol or large numbers of people require City as well as POA approval. i. Restrooms at Lake Park are now locked at night to deter vandalism. Sinks will be repaired soon. j. One member passed along a request for more poop/scoop bags in the parks, or restocking more often. The potential for residents supplying plastic grocery bags for this purpose, to lower the cost to the POA were discussed. VI. Upcoming Meetings The October 10th general meeting of the MNA will be at 10:00 a.m at the picnic tables on Pinckney Street next to the pool. Greg Weaver, VP with Catellus, will attend and provide an update on the implementation of the master plan. VII. Additional Business/Open Comments a. Several PIAC subcommittees will start meeting this month. One on use of the hangar, and the other on neighborhood contact teams. Watch for more information from these groups b. Parking – The POA Parking Advisory Group will host a town hall style meeting on October 21 at Asbury United Methodist Church to get input on their proposed changes in parking rules. After community input is obtained and considered, the group will make their recommendations to Catellus. The meeting will be in the evening but the time hasn’t been determined. Watch for more information online. c. The PIAC is meeting with surrounding neighborhoods to get feedback on how the Mueller development is affecting the neighbors. SC members thought it would be good if a few of us could also attend to strengthen relationships with our neighbors. The meeting adjourned about 8:30 p.m.
    Steering Committee Meeting minutes - Sept 1, 2009
    posted by ret1ree00 on September 2nd, 2009 8:53 PM
    Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting will be held on September 29, 2009 at 4124 Lawless. The start time is to be announced – probably 6:30 p.m. rather than the normal 7:00. MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 1 September 2009 Steering Committee Attendees: Rob Clinchard, Grant Fisher, Drew Harris, Betsy Hilton, Kat Malcom, Bobby Gierisch, Dusty Harshman, Ann Jerome, Mike McGovern, Cliff Spinac and Kim Wine SC members absent: Timothy Brummett, Kerry Fisher Guests: Roger Seibert, Kevin Ludlow, Jerry Perkins, Dennis Mick, Hon Agenda: I. Welcome & Introductions II. Austin Neighborhoods Council (ANC) MNA lost our representative on the ANC. ANC participation is a good way to develop alliances and they have good programming at meetings. Jerry Perkins volunteered to represent the MNA on the ANC and was elected with a unanimous vote. It was noted that since the MNA has bylaws preventing us from taking a stand on political issues, etc., our representative can not vote on some ANC motions. III. Minutes – Minutes of the July 28, 2009 steering committee meeting and the August 8, 2009 general meeting were approved without changes. IV. Existing Business a. Membership Committee Report – Ann Jerome i. Mueller Night Out – In conjunction with National Neighbor Night Out (http://www.nationaltownwatch.org/nno/), held October 6 in Austin instead of the August date used in the rest of the country, block captains will be working to organize block events from 6:00PM to 7:00PM. From 7:00PM to 8:00PM, Catellus will serve ice cream in Ella Wooten park. Plan now to attend! ii. Kat Malcolm has been working to get volunteer block captains lined up for the areas without a volunteer, and is planning a ‘meet and greet’ for block captains to share best practices. The membership committee as a whole will continue to promote this effort. Refer to Kat’s messages on mc. com to volunteer. iii. Welcome Postcard – The committee is planning to develop a postcard that could be distributed to people as they move in. The card would contain key phone numbers, websites and other information of interest to new residents. It would also be distributed to current residents when it’s first available to be sure that people not on the mc.com website get the information. The steering committee unanimously approved a motion to fund up to $150 in expenses to print these cards. b. Security issues - The steering committee discussed the role of the MNA in ongoing security issues. Neighborhood watch signs were discussed with mixed feelings about how effective these might be. The MNA plans to continue to invite our representatives of the Austin Police Department to general meetings to discuss security issues. Hopefully, concerned residents will also attend the meeting on Sept. 2 at Asbury Methodist Church, sponsored by Catellus. IV. New Business Front Porch Flyer – This community newsletter is published by a group of hard-working volunteers (listed in the Flyer) and through ad sales, is able to contribute to the overall budget of the MNA. Two current steering committee members are actively involved with the development of the Flyer. The Flyer currently limits ad space to 25% of the publication, but they are considering recommending increasing the Flyer from 8 to 12 pages with an allowance for 33% ad space. This would allow space for more advertisers (there is currently a waiting list) and bring more revenue to the MNA. There was some discussion about a budget for the newsletter which resulted in a motion later in the meeting. IV. Upcoming Meetings Frost Bank has offered to host the Sept. 12 general meeting of MNA. The steering committee voted to accept their offer. The MNA meeting will begin at 10:00 a.m. Frost Bank is planning some type of community event afterward, beginning at 11:00 a.m. Check mc.com for more information as plans develop. V. Additional Business/Open Comments a. Kevin Ludlow spoke with the steering committee about the addition of advertising on the right side of mc.com. He charges advertisers for space and wanted to see whether steering committee members were concerned that he was competing with ad space in the Flyer or otherwise thought he owed some revenue to the MNA. There was agreement that the two aren’t really in competition, in fact there might be away to sell a package deal with ad space on both mediums. Kevin noted that mc.com has on the order of 20,000 unique visitors per month! All agreed to keep the dialogue open on this topic as both the Flyer and mc.com continue to mature. b. Budgeting – The MNA budget runs on a calendar year. A motion passed unanimously that the steering committee should develop a MNA budget for 2010 and that as part of that budget process, the editorial board of the Front Porch Flyer should submit a business plan and budget for 2010. All want to be sure that sufficient ad revenue from the Flyer is reserved throughout the budget year to publish the newsletter each quarter. There was also discussion that it would be easier for event organizers to be paid a set amount by the MNA in advance of an event, rather than bring receipts for reimbursement after the event. Many folks in the past year had authorization for reimbursement prior to an event, but never had time/energy to submit the receipts. Budgeting will be discussed in more detail at the next steering committee meeting. The meeting adjourned about 8:30 p.m. Minutes by Betsy
    MNA Steering Committee meeting minutes - 28 July 2009
    posted by ret1ree00 on August 1st, 2009 2:08 PM
    Reminder that the MNA steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting will be held at 7:00 p.m on September 1, 2009 at 4124 Lawless. MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 28 July 2009 Steering Committee Attendees: Timothy Brummett, Grant Fisher, Kerry Fisher, Drew Harris, Betsy Hilton, Kat Malcom, Bobby Gierisch, Dusty Harshman, Ann Jerome, Mike McGovern, Cliff Spinac and Kim Wine SC members absent: Rob Clinchard Agenda: I. Welcome & Introductions II. Financial Report a. Dusty and Kerry are working through the transition of treasurer duties. A proposal was made to secure a PO Box so a consistent address for MNA could be established. This proposal passed unanimously later in the meeting. b. Membership participation was discussed. Several streets have no members of MNA. Dues is minimal ($10/year) and the MNA will have more clout if it represents a higher percentage of the community. This is an area that the membership committee will try to address. III. Minutes – June minutes of the steering committee meeting were approved without changes. IV. New Business a. Pool Hours - Jennifer Harvey was unable to attend but she provided Grant with an update on current discussion about the pool hours. See the attachment (at the end of this message) for her response. b. Solar installation approval - Jennifer Harvey provided Grant with an update on procedures for getting HOA approval for solar roof installations. See attachment. c. Schools – Kim Wine is working on the agenda and planning for the August MNA general meeting that will focus on the school issue. She’s invited several key speakers and has arranged for Jim Walker to moderate the discussion. The focus of the discussion is not just on the immediate issue regarding the closure of Pearce middle school (which will impact future phases of Mueller), but on what we can do to help improve schools in East Austin. The meeting will be in the Mosaic apartments. Kim also plans to create a school/education group on muellercommunity.com. d. Welcome committee – Bobby Gierisch expressed his willingness to turn over the leadership of this committee and Ann Jerome agreed to step in. Kat Malcolm volunteered to be a central liaison for block captains if needed. e. Phase 3 development – There was discussion about the lag in starting Phase 3 infrastructure. Builders are nearly out of inventory. It’s thought that this will be a topic at the next PIAC meeting. f. Visioning process – more ideas (inform, organize, entertain, represent) were discussed but we were running out of time. Bobby suggested with have a facilitated exercise to discern the vision for MNA. IV. Upcoming Meetings a. MNA general meeting is at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 8th at the Mosaic apartments. The focus will be on schools/education and how we can get involved. V. Additional Business/Open Comments a. SC members unanimously approved the motion to secure a PO Box at $40/year. b. Tim Brummett is working on efforts to promote Mueller, including notifying the media about the July 30th meeting with Meridian Solar and the unveiling of the solar sunflowers along IH 35. c. Drew mentioned that the Front Porch Flyer should be out soon - perhaps at the Aug. 8th meeting. ATTACHMENT MNA Steering Committee minutes 28 July 2009 from Jennifer Harvey: 1. What is the possibility, if any, of keeping the pool open for a longer season for residents? (potentially on a "reduced schedule" MWF, etc.) What is the possibility of keeping it open year round for lap swimmers? There are many factors to consider regarding the cost to keep the pool open longer during the off-season. First, the pool is open during the off-season according to most pool schedules; we open two months earlier and stay open two months longer than any City of Austin pools and most HOA pools. Second, last October we had approximately two swimmers, please keep this in mind when considering the cost ratio per swimmer. The cost to clean the restrooms is approximately $1,000 per month during the off-season months we are currently open (i.e. September). While we do have some maintenance costs during the months that it is closed they are not close to the cost if people are swimming, it would be much more expensive to maintain the water quality at a “swimmable” level as well as the electricity costs to run the pumps much more often. The cost to heat a pool the size of Ella Wooten is several thousand dollars over the winter season and the heater itself will run about $20,000 according to the pool company. While this may be possible in the future, it is not currently in the budget. The pool committee has looked at options to allow a “Master Swimmer” program to swim year-round and pay for the costs to keep it open and heated however with the number of interested people we heard from it was not financially feasible, perhaps in the future this may change, we are certainly open to it but many residents do not want to pay increased dues to allow people to swim in the winter. The “reduced schedule” does not really decrease costs because we still have to clean the restrooms, run the pumps as often and keep a stable chemical level. The POA is certainly willing to look at options but this is not currently in the budget so there would have to be ways to pay for itself. 2. A large group of residents (15+) is currently looking to "group purchase" solar panels from a to-be-determined company. What can be done to expedite the POA/Modification Committee request for this large group of residents? Each owner would still have to apply separately. We are working on “pre-approval guidelines” for solar panels but they will not be finalized and approved for some time. Each owner would apply separately but they could apply at the same time and I would let the committee know the situation and they could all be approved as quickly as possible, however it would still take approximately 2 -3 weeks to review fully and could take up to 60 days. 6 out of 6 requests for solar panels at Mueller have been approved to date. None have been denied. All have been approved with only the condition that the panels do not rise above the roof ridges. I would not anticipate this group having any problem getting a quick approval if they note that they will follow this condition in the application and submit a roof plan with the application. Also, I spoke with Shanda from Texas Solar Power Company and we discussed the application process in detail yesterday.
    Steering Committee meeting minutes - June 30, 2009
    posted by ret1ree00 on July 11th, 2009 11:38 AM
    Reminder that the MNA steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members for those interested in attending. Current plan is for the next steering committee meeting to be held the 28th of July at 7pm, location TBD. The steering committee meets on the Tuesday that is about 1.5 weeks prior to the monthly MNA meeting, the latter being on the 2nd Saturday of the month. MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes - 30 June 2009 Steering Committee Attendees: Timothy Brummett, Rob Clinchard, Grant Fisher, Kerry Fisher, Drew Harris, Betsy Hilton, Kathleen Malcom, and Kim Wine SC members absent: Bobby Gierisch, Dusty Harshman, Ann Jerome, Mike McGovern, and Cliff Spinac (It was later discovered that two of these new members were not receiving e-mails from the listserve and therefore were not notified of the meeting.) Other Attendees: Karen Zabreznik, Jennifer Harvey Agenda: I. Welcome & Introductions II. Financial Report a. Treasurer Dusty Harshman was unable to attend. Grant advised that dues are currently $10/year. Due to a recent change in the bylaws, members can now vote on the same day they pay their dues. Previously there was a 30 day waiting period. The chair, vice-chair and treasurer have signature authority for the MNA bank account. III. New Business a. Jennifer Harvey was present and answered questions, including the following: 1. She doesn’t think they’ll be able to open the pool from 12-1 on July 4th. She may be able to waive the admission fee that day so our Delwood neighbors will be able to swim for free. She is working on ordering a clock for the pool. The swim team instructors should not be propping the gate open with a rock anymore. She’s working on adding a sign with the pool hours near the gate. 2. The POA annual meeting will be in November. 3. Park maintenance costs paid by the POA were discussed, along with POA dues. 4. Possibility of getting Neighborhood Watch signs was discussed. POA is not likely to fund these. They run about $200 per sign. 5. Jennifer reminded the SC that there are several POA work groups. Several need more volunteers. Groups include parking advisory, landscape, pool advisory, technology and resident activities. b. Vision of the SC – discussion about what the MNA vision should be. Grant will summarize ideas to be discussed in more detail in future meetings. c. Schools – Kim Wine updated the SC on the leadership changes at AISD and the need to redouble efforts to make the Mueller case to the new superintendent early in her tenure. In addition, Mueller residents need to work with AISD to improve the middle and high schools that our children will attend. d. POA/Homeowners – Refer to prior discussion with Jennifer. e. Officer Elections – Officer elections will be conducted by e-mail after the steering committee meeting. IV. Upcoming Meetings a. During the prior discussion on education and schools, Kim suggested a focused MNA meeting on these issues where hopefully we could have the new superintendent come listen to our concerns.
    Mueller Neighborhood Association Steering Committee Results
    posted by GP on June 14th, 2009 11:02 PM
    I would like to announce the results of the 2009 MNA SC elections. The following individuals have been elected to serve on the 2009-2010 MNA SC: Timothy Brummett, Rob Clinchard, Grant Fisher, Kerry Fisher, Bobby Gierisch, Drew Harris, Dusty Harshman, Betsy Hilton, Ann Jerome, Kathleen Malcom, Mike McGovern, Cliff Spinac, and Kim Wine. I would like to thank Jerry Perkins for organizing and successfully running the MNA SC elections. I would also like to extend my gratitude to the parting members of the steering committee: John Guest, Elizabeth Butman, Karen Zabreznik, Jerry Perkins, Wilson Robertson and Rod Ruhoff. Thank you all very much for the time and insights you have provided the Steering Committee this past year. Thanks, Grant
    Elect Kevin Ludlow for State Rep!
    Pro-LGBT Rights, Pro-Pot, Pro-Net Neutrality, Anti-TSA, Anti-NSA. Support Kevin Ludlow for the TX House of Representatives District 46
    Weird Window Cleaning
    Contact us to receive a free estimate for your window cleaning and experience the same service provided to so many of your Mueller neighbors. Mention this ad for 10% off.
    512-944-3700
    15 yrs exp. Insured.
    Zen Electronics - Custom Home Theater
    A Mueller Resident Owned Business Providing Personalized, Cost Effective, Home Theater & Home Automation solutions in the Austin, TX Area. Click here to learn more.
    view more ads »
    © 2005 - 2012 cityCore, LLC   |   terms   |   privacy