citiCite
FORUMS PHOTOS GROUPS EVENTS WIKI
CREATE ACCOUNT | LOGIN
Mueller Community (change)
Search
You are NOT logged in.
RSS
Viewing Search Results for 'Jim Nieto'
The following table will display your current search results.
Page Header Image
 
MNA Steering Committee minutes 7 Dec 2010
posted by Betsy on December 12th, 2010 12:44 PM
Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting is scheduled for January 4th. MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 7 Dec 2010 Steering Committee Attendees: Grant Fisher, Betsy Hilton, Kathy Sokolic, Dennis Mick, Mike McGovern, Kat Malcom, Kerry Fisher & Don Dozier SC members absent: Diane Gierisch, Michael Adams, Drew Harris, & Jim Nieto Agenda: I.Treasurer’s Report – Balance is about $1500 with lots of dues collected as a result of the recent door-to-door ‘big push’. II.Existing Business a. Food sign-up - Sheet was circulated to sign up to bring snacks to the December general membership meeting/party, which will be held at the Ronald McDonald House on Dec. 18th at 10:00 a.m., in the 4th floor conference room. All are welcome to attend! More details are on mc.com. b. T-shirts - We discussed the idea of printing tee shirts at a low cost that could be offered to residents as a package deal with MNA membership, at some additional cost (likely about $10). Discussed having a contest to come up with the design. c. New Members - Lots of new members as a result of the ‘big push’. Numbers are being tallied. d. APD East Command - Kat Malcom received last minute notice of a meeting last week but was able to attend. It was held at the Springdale command center near Airport Blvd. Our rep, Antwain Tarver, covers Central East bounded by MLK/IH 35/51st/and either Manor or Springdale. The biggest problem in the Central East area is 12th & Chicon. Mueller has fewer problems than other parts of East Austin. Kat hopes to get advance notice of future meetings so maybe we can have a few more people attend. She reported that folks from other neighborhoods brought food to share with those in attendance. e. Prom - Johnston East Side Technical School is looking for sponsors to help put together a senior prom for their students. IV.Upcoming Meetings – The December 18th General Meeting will be a Holiday Party as mentioned above. Everyone is invited to come mingle with your neighbors. V.Other business – Don Dozier mentioned that there is evidence of motorized vehicle use in the prairie along Tom Miller. Meeting adjourned about 8:00
MNA Steering Committee meeting notes 2 Nov 2010
posted by Betsy on November 2nd, 2010 8:31 PM
Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting is scheduled for Dec. 7th MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 2 Nov 2010 Steering Committee Attendees: Grant Fisher, Betsy Hilton, Kathy Sokolic, Diane Gierisch, Mike McGovern, Mary Piette, Kerry Fisher & Don Dozier SC members absent: Dennis Mick, Kat Malcom, Michael Adams, Drew Harris, & Jim Nieto Agenda: I.Welcome & Introductions - we all new each other and were happy to have a quorum. II.Treasurer’s Report – Kerry reported via e-mail that our balance is $1660.34. We're starting to get a few membership renewals for 2011. Upcoming expenses include the Front Porch Flyer, ANC dues and a few other minor expenses if approved by this group. Our projected balance at the end of the year would be about $1100. A report on membership by street was reviewed. Camacho and Lawless have the most members. We discussed a little tax scare we had this month. Grant was notified of inquiries by the Comptroller and the Secretary of State about delinquent tax filings and possible penalties. He quickly went to both offices and straightened things out, filing necessary papers on the spot. We are registered as a for-profit corporation, which means we have to file franchise tax reports. We won't have to pay any franchise tax but we do have to file the reports. This registration is thought to provide some protection for steering committee members but we will inquire further as to whether this is the appropriate status for a neighborhood association. III.Existing Business a. MNA Grants - No additional grants were received by the Nov. 1 deadline. We unanimously approved funding the Stitch n' Bitch request for $125 to fund materials to knit stuffed bears for children in Africa and small caps for premature babies at Dell Children's Hospital. b. Front Porch Flyer - Grant will work up a small insert regarding membership dues and renewals for the FPF. c. Pecan Street Project (PSP) update – Informal gathering at Elixer tomorrow morning from 8-9am. Kick-off meeting next week, Nov. 10 at 6:00 pm at Asbury Methodist Church. d. Prop 1 - MNA did vote to support and so advised the Get Austin Moving group but they didn't appear to have published our support anywhere. IV.Upcoming Meetings – General meeting will be Nov. 20 at the Ronald McDonald House. We'll meet there for the next several months. V.Other business – We discussed ways to get more people informed of major events and initiatives at Mueller. We want to reprint some of the yellow cards and have steering committee members go door-to-door, especially in the newer parts of the neighborhood, to talk with residents about MNA membership, the Pecan Street Project, muellercommunity.com, etc. The steering committee unanimously approved a motion to authorize the expenditure of up to $375 to print 'marketing' materials to be handed out during this door-to-door educational campaign. We want to make sure that all residents are aware of the issues and the opportunities for engagement in their neighborhood. Kerry reported that she attended the meeting of the Catellus budget committee and they have again included $2500 in their budget to support resident activities throughout the year. Meeting adjourned about 8:00.
Steering Committee meeting minutes 6 Oct 2010
posted by Betsy on October 9th, 2010 3:02 PM
Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting is scheduled for Nov. 2 but check online for the current schedule since that is election day. MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 6 October 2010 Steering Committee Attendees: Grant Fisher, Dennis Mick, Betsy Hilton, Kathy Sokolic, Diane Gierisch, & Don Dozier SC members absent: Kat Malcom, Mary Piette, Michael Adams, Kerry Fisher, Drew Harris, Mike McGovern, & Jim Nieto Guests: Ashley Fisher Agenda: I.Welcome & Introductions. We didn't have enough steering committee members present to have a quorum so no official actions were taken. II.Treasurer’s Report – Kerry reported via e-mail that our balance is $1659.34. III.Existing Business a.Pecan Street Project (PSP) update – Kathy said the Green Energy Venture Summit was very interesting. PSP announced that they selected the Austin firm Incenergy LLC for the first deployment of advanced smart grid systems at Mueller and collection of the baseline data. PSP is still collecting contracts from those interested in being included in the baseline group. b.Hangar use – We hoped to be using it by now for MNA meetings but no final agreement has been reached by Catellus. c.MNA Grants – We plan to extend the deadline with a vote at the general meeting (since we don't have a quorum) because only one application was received. The new deadline will probably be Nov. 1. d.Neighborhood Night Out – Very successful event at the park and throughout the neighborhood. e.Meeting Attendance – This is our second steering committee meeting without a quorum. Grant will visit with those who are often absent to try to improve attendance. IV.Upcoming Meetings – General meeting will be Oct. 16, probably at Wooten Park. Potential speaker to discuss Proposition 1, a $90million bond package with many projects of interest to Mueller residents. V.Other business – Diane asked whether we should start a conversation with the Windsor Park NA about their neighborhood plan for the other side of 51st Street, so we have a better idea of the vision. It was agreed that would be a good idea. Grant will initiate. The meeting adjourned about 8:30 p.m.
Sept. 7 MNA Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
posted by Betsy on September 9th, 2010 7:14 PM
Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting is scheduled for Oct. 5 2010 at 4124 Lawless at 7:00 p.m. MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 7 Sept 2010Steering Committee Attendees: Dennis Mick, Betsy Hilton, Kat Malcom, Diane Gierisch, Don Dozier, & Mary PietteSC members absent: Kathy Sokolic, Michael Adams, Grant Fisher, Kerry Fisher, Drew Harris, Mike McGovern, & Jim NietoGuests: Carole Mick, Larry PlutkoAgenda:I.Welcome & Introductions. We didn't have enough steering committee members present to have a quorum so no official actions were taken.II.Treasurer’s Report – Kerry reported in advance that our balance is $1669.34. The upcoming Front Porch Flyer had been printed and updated software purchased. We discussed possible methods of encouraging more households to join the MNA. PayPal might make it easier for some folks, as might envelope inserts in a Front Porch Flyer edition.III.Existing Business a.Sidewalk endorsement – Discussion about the need for sidewalk to serve a desired Capital Metro bus stop (route 350) on Airport at Zach Scott. Members present would like to know more about Cap Metro's long term plans related to Mueller. The issue was discussed but no action was taken since a quorum was not present. b.Transportation Report – Betsy serves on Catellus' transportation committee. Items discussed here were: - Speeds on Zach Scott and Antone. Possible solutions discussed include: * options to slow traffic on Zach Scott, including a 4-way stop sign at Camacho (pedestrian entrance to Lake Park) * mini traffic circles to slow traffic on Zach Scott and Antone * raised crosswalk on Antone at Ella Wooten Park - Sight distance at regional retail center driveways - One-way vs. two-way alley operations c.Neighbor Night Out (NNO) – Tuesday Oct. 5th. Large gathering at Ella Wooten Park from 6-7pm, followed by block parties starting at 7:00. In 2011, Mueller is the planned hub for NNO activities in East Austin. Fire, EMS, and even a helicopter are planned for a gathering at the hangar next year. d.Grant Applications – only one had been received by Dennis and Sept 7 was the deadline. The one application was being split into 2 separate applications because it was over the $100 limit. No decisions were made regarding how to proceed. e.Welcome Committee– Discussed at a previous meeting to help educate those moving in on Mueller POA requirements, etc. No action was taken but let us know if you could help with such an effort. Perhaps a card with summary information could be printed and distributed by the block captains.IV. Upcoming Meetings – General meeting will be Sept. 18 at Wooten Park. Potential speakers/topics discussed included Jim Walker to discuss lessons learned from Phases 1 and 2, and/or an update from the Mueller Education Action Team (MEAT). Ideas for future meetings included a meeting possibly focused on transportation issues, maybe in October.The meeting adjourned about 8:45 p.m.
Steering Committee meeting minutes - 29 June 2010
posted by Betsy on June 30th, 2010 5:20 PM
Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting is tentatively scheduled for Aug. 3, 2010 at 4124 Lawless at 7:00 p.m. MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 29 June 2010 Steering Committee Attendees: Grant Fisher, Betsy Hilton, Kat Malcom, Kerry Fisher, Drew Harris, Mike McGovern, Diane Gierisch, Don Dozier, Dennis Mick, Jim Nieto, Mary Piette SC members absent: Kathy Sokolic, Michael Adams Guests: John Guest Agenda: I.Welcome & Introductions II.Treasurer’s Report – Balance is $2383.73. Kerry provided membership data by street. We have no members on Sahm and only one on Hermalinda and Cal Rodgers. We have 104 households that are members. III.Existing Business a. MNA officer elections. Current officers gave a summary of the responsibilities of their positions. Kat Malcom was not running for an officer position so she served as parliamentarian for officer elections. The following were elected as officers for the 2010-2011 year: Secretary – Betsy Hilton (unopposed) Treasurer – Kerry Fisher (unopposed) Vice-Chair – Dennis Mick (unopposed after Drew withdrew) Chair – Grant Fisher (unopposed) b. Beautification/Alliance (John Guest) – We're going into our 3rd summer in parts of the development and seeing some evidence of wear and tear. We've seen concerns about how the community is being supported in general by the POA and Alliance (water fountains, pool, road repair, lack of yard maintenance, broken sidewalks, signs bent and falling down, etc.). Committees appointed by Alliance/POA/Catellus are accountable to them. Maybe we need a MNA committee(s) accountable to residents to discuss these sorts of issues. If maintenance deteriorates over time, property values will slide and catching up will be difficult. After much discussion, Mary Piette will chair a Coordination Committee for the MNA. They will collect a list of major issues needing resolution and seek to work through those issues by coordinating with Catellus. c. Traffic Signal at Zach Scott – Jim asked about the status. Betsy has it on her list to ask about at the Transportation Committee meeting on June 30. Also discussed the failure of some drivers to yield to pedestrians crossing ZS on the hike/bike trail. d. Fourth of July events – Resident Activities committee with Catellus is planning the activities, thanks to an $800 budget from Catellus. Volunteers are needed in several areas (tent set up/break down, music play list, videographer, etc.) – please see mc.com and volunteer! Everyone is invited to a block party on Tom Miller and viewing the downtown fireworks in the evening. e. Pecan Street Project – Kathy Sokolic and Garreth Wilcock serve as Mueller representatives on the Pecan Street Project's Executive Committee. A kick-off meeting is scheduled for June 30 at Asbury Methodist Church at 6:00 p.m. IV. Upcoming Meetings – General meeting will be July 10. Potential speakers/topics discussed included the lifeguard company, City street dept, Update on Bartholomew, Austin Film Society, Troublemaker Studio, Police district rep, overview of New Urbanism principles. Grant will make some calls to see what he can arrange. V. Open comments: The meeting adjourned about 8:30 p.m.
MNA Meeting Today!
posted by GP on June 16th, 2010 10:10 PM
Could Michael Adams, Diane Giersch and Jim Nieto please PM me.Thanks!Grant
MNA Meeting Today!
posted by annjerome on June 12th, 2010 11:17 AM
Thanks to everyone in attendance at today's meeting - our new MNA Steering Committee was elected unanimously and here they are for 2010-2011: Michael Adams Donald Dozier Kathleen Malcolm Grant Fisher Michael McGovern Kerry Fisher Dennis Mick ne Giersch Jim Nieto Drew Harris Mary Piette Betsy Hilton Kathy Sokolic We appreciate all of their time, energy and enthusiasm to help our neighborhood thrive!!
Boomer's Chili Cook-Off Winner's!!!
posted by Kathleen Malcom on May 2nd, 2010 8:07 PM
I am thrilled to announce the winners of the first annual Mueller Boomer Chili Cook-off! First Place went to: Tommy Skaggs. Second Place went to Laura Spoor who brought a Oaxaca mole chili and dressed in clothes from Oaxaca. Third place went to: Keith Romel, and honorable mention with an original Cincinnati chili that was served over spaghetti was Jim & Denise Mead. The Boomer’s also enjoyed Art’s homemade wine, and still found room for apple pie ala mode. Big thanks to the Nieto’s for hosting the event. *** Photo attached here and more photos will be posted on Jerry Perkin’s Facebook.***
Boomer's Chili Cook-Off Sunday!
posted by Kathleen Malcom on May 1st, 2010 7:23 PM
Just a heads up... The Mueller Boomer's will be gathering at Jim & Ellie's Nieto's house on 1948 Littlefield at 5:00PM Sunday for the first annual Boomer Chili Cook Off. Trophies will be given and bragging rights will be awarded to the 3 most popular Chili's. Enjoy a potluck meal and fellowship. Please see the event section for details.
Mueller Boomer Chili Cook-Off this Sunday!
posted by Kathleen Malcom on April 25th, 2010 9:24 PM
The Mueller Boomer's will be gathering this Sunday at the home of Jim & Ellie Nieto for the first annual Mueller Boomer Chili Cook-Off! Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place. The rules in this Chili Cook Off are; There ain't no rules! For more details about this event, please see the "Event" section, and if you are interested in joining the Mueller Baby Boomer Club, please see the "Group" section for club details.
PromiseLand Learning Center
MOMS!! Mother's Day Out Program starts Aug 15! Register by June 30. Near Mueller. Also offering full-time care, 6 weeks-5 years.
512-220-6381
Doug Gorton Professional Painting
Interior & Exterior Painting, Fence & Deck Staining, Hand Wash Houses, Screens, & Solar Panels
(512) 799-8384
Elect Kevin Ludlow for State Rep!
Pro-LGBT Rights, Pro-Pot, Pro-Net Neutrality, Anti-TSA, Anti-NSA. Support Kevin Ludlow for the TX House of Representatives District 46
view more ads »
© 2005 - 2012 cityCore, LLC   |   terms   |   privacy