citiCite
FORUMS PHOTOS GROUPS EVENTS WIKI
CREATE ACCOUNT | LOGIN
Mueller Community (change)
Wiki Pages
You are NOT logged in.
RSS
Mueller Neighborhood Assn Steering Committee Minutes 9/29/2009
The following Wiki page content has been contributed by citiCite users.
Page Header Image
Pages Navigation

Page Tools

Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting will be held on Nov. 3, 2009 at 4124 Lawless at 7:00 p.m.

MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 29 September 2009

Steering Committee Attendees: Rob Clinchard, Grant Fisher, Drew Harris, Betsy Hilton, Kat Malcom, Bobby Gierisch, Dusty Harshman, Ann Jerome, Mike McGovern, Kerry Fisher, Timothy Brummett and Kim Wine
SC members absent: Cliff Spinac
Guests: Elizabeth Butman, Jennifer Harvey

Agenda:

I. Welcome & Introductions

II. Treasurer’s Financial Report – Bank balance is $1044.61 with one newsletter still to be published out of these funds.

III. Minutes – Minutes of the Sept. 1, 2009 steering committee meeting were approved without changes. Grant had been advised that some numbers in the Sept. 12 general meeting minutes were incorrect. He’ll forward those changes to Betsy and the minutes were approved. [Later communication revealed that the minutes correctly reflect what was stated at the meeting so they will not be changed after all. If incorrect figures were reported to membership regarding the PIAC update, corrections can be brought forward in a future meeting.]

IV. Existing Business

a. Membership Committee Report – Ann Jerome
i. Mueller Night Out – In conjunction with National Neighbor Night Out (http://www.nationaltownwatch.org/nno/), held October 6 in Austin. Block captains will organize block events from 6:00PM to 7:00PM. From 7:00PM to 8:00PM, Catellus will serve ice cream & popsicles in Ella Wooten park.
ii. The Block Captain meet & greet hosted by Ann Jerome and Kat Malcolm was a big success. Fourteen people attended. They discussed the scope of block captain activities and brainstormed some best practices.
iii. Welcome Postcard – 200 cards have been printed and distributed. More will be available at Mueller Night Out.

b. Budget
i. Mission discussion tabled because we ran out of time. We briefly discussed having an separate meeting for this purpose.
ii. Treasurer discussion also tabled
iii. Front Porch Flyer (FPF). The FPF will grow by 4 pages, which will allow us to sell more advertising, and provide more information. There was discussion regarding if, and how much, advertising space should be withheld from annual sales for new businesses that come in during the year. Estimated net revenue to the MNA from the FPF in 2010 is about $700.

V. POA update – Jennifer Harvey attended and fielded general questions from the SC.
a. Pool – Pool will close to residents at the end of October. Trouble with the lighting (inside and outside the pool itself) will be fixed after the pool closes. It appears to be an electrical issue and would require closing the pool for about a week to troubleshoot.
b. Dead trees – Catellus is planning to replace the dead trees at Ella Wooten Park.
c. Exposed irrigation lines will deteriorate due to sun exposure. The POA will address when mulching is done in the Spring but concern was expressed that the damage to the lines will have already been done.
d. Discussion about whether road repairs on Hargis had been completed. There’s still a low spot in the street.
e. POA has a variance for watering. This only applies to public areas maintained by the POA, not individual residences. POA will water turf on Fridays and tree bubblers will run Tuesday and Wednesday nights.
f. Discussion about the possible remediation in the Southwest Greenway near Berkman to deal with the Johnson Grass problem. Jennifer had not heard of any plans.
g. The process for gaining approval for walks/runs in Mueller was discussed and more notification for residents was requested. The POA is getting lots of requests to use Lake Park for events and are working with the City on these. Guidelines may be needed in the future as the park wasn’t intended to be a major event area for the City. It was recommended that the PIAC be notified of the issues so they can help us coordinate with the City to develop guidelines.
h. Major events involving food, alcohol or large numbers of people require City as well as POA approval.
i. Restrooms at Lake Park are now locked at night to deter vandalism. Sinks will be repaired soon.
j. One member passed along a request for more poop/scoop bags in the parks, or restocking more often. The potential for residents supplying plastic grocery bags for this purpose, to lower the cost to the POA were discussed.

VI. Upcoming Meetings
The October 10th general meeting of the MNA will be at 10:00 a.m at the picnic tables on Pinckney Street next to the pool. Greg Weaver, VP with Catellus, will attend and provide an update on the implementation of the master plan.

VII. Additional Business/Open Comments
a. Several PIAC subcommittees will start meeting this month. One on use of the hangar, and the other on neighborhood contact teams. Watch for more information from these groups
b. Parking – The POA Parking Advisory Group will host a town hall style meeting on October 21 at Asbury United Methodist Church to get input on their proposed changes in parking rules. After community input is obtained and considered, the group will make their recommendations to Catellus. The meeting will be in the evening but the time hasn’t been determined. Watch for more information online.
c. The PIAC is meeting with surrounding neighborhoods to get feedback on how the Mueller development is affecting the neighbors. SC members thought it would be good if a few of us could also attend to strengthen relationships with our neighbors.

The meeting adjourned about 8:30 p.m.
Weird Window Cleaning
Contact us to receive a free estimate for your window cleaning and experience the same service provided to so many of your Mueller neighbors. Mention this ad for 10% off.
512-944-3700
15 yrs exp. Insured.
Elect Kevin Ludlow for State Rep!
Pro-LGBT Rights, Pro-Pot, Pro-Net Neutrality, Anti-TSA, Anti-NSA. Support Kevin Ludlow for the TX House of Representatives District 46
PromiseLand Learning Center
MOMS!! Mother's Day Out Program starts Aug 15! Register by June 30. Near Mueller. Also offering full-time care, 6 weeks-5 years.
512-220-6381
view more ads »
© 2005 - 2012 cityCore, LLC   |   terms   |   privacy