Mueller Community (change)
You are NOT logged in.
Mueller Community
MNA Steering Committee Minutes 4 Jan 2011
All of the following posts have been contributed by citiCite members.
Viewing 1 to 1 of 1 posts
Page Header Image
Forum Navigation

Recent Forum Posts

Upcoming Events
Sorry, but there are no upcoming events.

User Profile Image
Mueller Community

Posts: 542
Joined on December 17th, 2007
MNA Steering Committee Minutes 4 Jan 2011
by Betsy on January 5th, 2011

Reminder that the Mueller Neighborhood Association (MNA) steering committee (SC) is open to all MNA members. The next steering committee meeting is scheduled for February 1st.

MNA Steering committee Meeting Minutes – 4 Jan 2011

Steering Committee Attendees: Grant Fisher, Betsy Hilton, Kathy Sokolic, Dennis Mick, Mike McGovern, Kat Malcom, Kerry Fisher, Drew Harris, Diane Gierisch, Mary Piette & Don Dozier
SC members absent: None!
Guests: Janelle Dozier


I.Treasurer’s Report – Balance is about $1800 and we have 129 current members.

II.Existing Business

a. Neighborhood delegate - POA meeting tomorrow to discuss process of electing neighborhood delegates. It would be good if some steering committee members could serve on the committee that will determine the election process.

b. TPG - Catellus being sold to TPG, which may be a better deal for Mueller. All communication so far has indicated that Catellus staff on the Mueller project will remain the same.

c. MNA Grants - Discussion about whether to award grants again this Spring. Agreement to do so but deadline should be firm (i.e. no extensions). Announcement will be made at January general meeting and applications due by Feb. 28. Be thinking about application ideas now! The maximum grant will be $125 and there will be a total of $500 available.

The SC also discussed that the MNA will need to discuss whether we want to be an organization that spends down our balance every year, or whether we want to build up a balance over time for some larger efforts.

IV.Upcoming Meetings – Speaker suggestions for the Jan. 15th general meeting included our new APD rep, Greg Weaver. We plan to ask Austin Children’s Shelter if a representative can come talk to us in February, along with Rick K from Windsor Park neighborhood.

V.Other business –

a. Two replacement steering committee members need to be elected at the January general meeting. They’ll serve unexpired terms through June. Grant will post information on
b. Greenway Lofts - 27 of 36 are sold and 20 are now occupied.
c. Continued discussion about whether we can set up a PayPal account for membership dues and Front Porch Flyer advertisements.
d. Janelle Dozier summarized the Landscape Committee’s plans regarding Plant Fest. Rather than have one large event, the committee is planning one event each month, except in August and December. This will give us a full year of hands-on workshops including: tree pruning, weeds/pests, nature photography, secret gardens tour, plant sale & kids activities, tiny urban wildlife, vertical landscaping, fall vegetable gardening, native plants in home landscapes, and earthworms & soil amendments.
e. Front Porch Flyer volunteers meet Sunday at 2:00 to plan the next issue. Anyone interested in helping with this effort, please contact Drew, Elizabeth or Dusty.

Meeting adjourned at 7:55 p.m.
Doug Gorton Professional Painting
Interior & Exterior Painting, Fence & Deck Staining, Hand Wash Houses, Screens, & Solar Panels
(512) 799-8384
PromiseLand Learning Center
MOMS!! Mother's Day Out Program starts Aug 15! Register by June 30. Near Mueller. Also offering full-time care, 6 weeks-5 years.
Zen Electronics - Custom Home Theater
A Mueller Resident Owned Business Providing Personalized, Cost Effective, Home Theater & Home Automation solutions in the Austin, TX Area. Click here to learn more.
view more ads »
© 2005 - 2012 cityCore, LLC   |   terms   |   privacy